Essential Services

You may also be interested in…

Tenants’ Handbook

Port Sunlight Gazette

Port Sunlight is in the Bromborough ward of Wirral.


Wirral Council

To contact the Council in an emergency, follow this link to the appropriate phone numbers. For non emergency contact with the Council, this page tells you how to get in touch.


Local Democracy

The Member of Parliament for Wirral South is Alison McGovern MP. You can find contact details for her at the UK Parliament website here. There are three local councillors for Bromborough ward. You can find out how to contact them here.


Crime and Anti-social Behaviour

The nearest police station to Port Sunlight is in Mortimer Street, Birkenhead. For further information about getting in touch with the local community policing team for our area, click here. As always, you can contact 999 in an emergency or 101 for a non emergency call to the Police.



While there are no GP surgeries within the village itself, there are a number of GP practices within a mile of Port Sunlight in Bebington and New Ferry. A list of GP practices and dental surgeries closest to Port Sunlight is available via the NHS website. For a much longer list of signposts to all sorts of health and wellbeing related services, Healthwatch Wirral has a useful directory here.



Port Sunlight has great transport links across the Wirral, and further afield to Liverpool and Chester. The village is served by two Merseyrail train stations, Port Sunlight and Bebington. Details of services and timetables can be found here. Regular bus services run through Port Sunlight. You can find out about routes and timetables on the Merseytravel website here.



Port Sunlight Village Trust is responsible for the maintenance of green spaces, front gardens and memorials across the village. This includes dealing with fallen leaves on the areas of grass and gardens. Wirral Borough Council deal with leaf fall on roads and pavements, which are typically cleared around twice during the winter. Wirral Borough Council are also responsible for weeds on pavements.


Smell of gas

If you smell gas, call Cadent’s 24 hour helpline on 0800 111 999.


Dangerous building

If you feel a building is in a dangerous state of repair, call Port Sunlight Village Trust.


Road and pavement maintenance

To report a cracked, broken, potholed or flooded pavement or road, contact Wirral Borough Council on 0151 606 2004 or via their website here.


Street lighting

To report a broken or damaged street light/lamp post, contact Wirral Borough Council on 0151 606 2004 or via their website here.


Fly tipping

If the rubbish is on green space or gardens, contact the Trust. If the rubbish is on roads or pavements, contact the Council on 0151 606 2004 or via the website here.


Anti-social behaviour and nuisance neighbours

Whilst PSVT will not become involved or arbitrate in personal disputes, we will offer advice to residents experiencing anti-social behaviour that is contrary to our Equality and Diversity Policy and the Equality Act 2010 and deal with breaches of tenancy issues. Wirral Borough Council has a contact number for reporting antisocial behaviour, which is 0151 606 2020.



PSVT tenants have access to additional safety and security services provided by a company called Custodian Guards.

Custodian Guards provides security patrols to deter anti-social behaviour, theft and vandalism. They operate van and foot patrols around Port Sunlight. Custodian’s current hours of operation are:

Monday – Thursday: 3.15pm – Midnight
Friday: 3.15pm – 1am
Saturday: 1.15pm – 1am
Sunday: 1.15pm – Midnight

Custodian’s on-call service is available 24 hours a day. If you have a security-related concern, call them on 0151 201 6023. It may be because you feel someone’s personal safety or property has been threatened by theft, inappropriate behaviour, verbal or physical harassment, or other actions. Even if you are not sure if you have all the information call Custodian’s operations room. Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected].


Pest control

To deal with a pest control issue in or around your home, call Wirral Borough Council on 0151 606 2004.


Dog fouling

Call Wirral Borough Council on 0151 606 2004, or report it through the special page on their website here.